|Posted on August 20, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
1. Office/School Supplies - Every store in town has sales on these items as the Back to School season is underway. Time now to stock up on everything from pens to paper to tape and envelopes. Look for a variety of coupons including those for Bic, Papermate and 3M Post Its.
2. Condiments - Last chance to grab Ketchup & Mustard at rock bottom prices. Sales will continue through Labor Day.
3. Hot Dogs - Stock your freezer up now through Labor Day on the lowest prices of the year on hot dogs. If you can't find dogs $1 and under, you just aren't looking hard enough.
4. Grilling Sausages - Many grilling sausages (Butterball, Hilshire, Johnsonville) are on sale and have great coupons to go with to drop those prices down.
5. Peanut Butter - While peanut butter is hard to get coupons for, this is still the best time of year to stock up. Don't forget to check out your storebrand. Often it is just as good as the national brand but at a much better price without a coupon.
5. Jelly/Jam - You can't have PB&J without the J. Many brands are on sale this time of year and Welch's even has coupons out for $1/2. Also watch for Welch's hang tags for $0.75/1 any one!
6. Lunchbox Treats - If you can put it in a lunchbox, chances are, it's on sale right now. Look for great deals on cereal bars, granola bar, candy and juice boxes/drink pouches.
7. Cereal - Watch for great deals on cereal this time of year including milk & cereal promotions.
8. Frozen Pizza - Frozen Pizza is often dirt cheap when you combine coupons and sales prices this time of year. Frozen Pizza companies are targetting busy parents who are trying to get the kiddos back in school and have little time to cook.
9. Bug Spray - Last chance through Labor Day to stock up on a variety of cheap bug spray. Look for coupons from Hot Shot, Off, Raid & Combat.
10. Ice Cream & Ice Cream Novelties - There is still time to stock up on ice cream treats while the prices are their lowest. Look for coupons from Cadburry, Blue Bunny, Snickers/Twix, Dove Ice Cream bars.
Bonus - If you need a small microwave, toaster oven or small refrigerator, get them now while items for dorm rooms are on sale! You can also find good bargains on futons this time of year as well.
Categories: Just 10 Things to Help You Save Money